Places to stay near Taylor's Uni

8/10/2016 02:58:00 AM

Site plan for DK Senza. Click here for image source.

There are a few options for you to choose regarding where to stay. I will only be including the places that's near to Taylor's Lakeside Campus and more convenient for you to walk by foot so I won't be mentioning hostel areas around SS15 or Sunway.

1) Taylor's on-campus accommodation
2) PJS 7
3) DK Senza
4) D'Latour (Newly built as of August 2016)

Taylor's on-campus accommodation


Of course, staying on campus makes everything much easier. Especially when you're late to lectures or when you're late for exams, you can rush to the venue faster than the rest. Having said that, do not be late for lectures, classes, tutorials and especially exams. You won't be allowed into the exam hall after a certain period of time and you may even be barred from sitting it. When that happens, you will need to sit for the resit paper. It is good to practice punctuality at all times. Don't go running and telling your parents that a random blogger on the internet is telling you to wake up late to classes. 


There aren't any issues regarding the security of on-campus accommodations that I am aware of. You'll need a card to be able to get into the hostel building. I guess staying on-campus is by far the safest option out of all.

The downsides of staying on-campus? Kiss your money goodbye. It is too pricey in my opinion. Also, when you feel like having your friends (of opposite gender) over to do assignments or have a chit chat, things get pretty messy. Like all hostels, Taylor's implies a very strict rule if you wanna have someone who has the same gender with you and is not staying on-campus to tag along with you to your room. Don't even think about bringing someone from your opposite gender up lolol. Then again, unless there are loopholes for you to sneak people into your rooms that I'm unaware of hahah.

Not to mention there are no cooking utilities available. Which to me is quite an issue because not being able to cook means you have to eat outside. Not only your expenses are gonna be over the roof plus it's unhealthy to eat out all the time. You might wanna take this into consideration when you're choosing where to stay. I'm not sure whether there are washing machines or not. Do ask the management if you're going to stay on-campus over several weekends because you'll definitely need to wash your clothes. 

PJS 7

Based on what I know, PJS 7 rooms and houses is the cheapest option out there. It's also quite near to uni, depending on which house you're staying. What's the price difference between PJS 7 and DK around? I would say RM500. The price depends on the size of the room you're staying and various other factors. 500 is just a rough figure. 

I believe there's an open kitchen for everyone to use in each house and a washing machine for your to wash your clothes. But whether or not the cooking utensils are provided, it depends on the house owner I guess. Also, be careful of what you put in the fridge! My friend once bought tons of apples for herself and placed them in the fridge. The next day, it's gone. 

The cool thing about PJS 7 is that there's a longgggg connecting bridge from there to Sunway Pyramid. You can avoid traffic and save money for not needing to hire a taxi. I don't recommend a girl to walk alone though. It's a very long bridge and it's quite hard for you to get help instantly when you're in the middle of walking on the bridge. 

There's also a small roadside small that sells super cheap food and a Chinese restaurant that serves delicious and cheap food according to my friend. I'm not sure whether there are anymore restaurants nearby. 

The rooms at PJS 7 are very very smallll. I've been to one of my friend's place at PJS 7 (I managed to sneak in but it was quite troublesome to have to explain it to the guard) and I was shocked by how small the room is. You barely have enough space for yourself to walk. Be sure to check out the rooms personally before paying for the rental fees and such because if you turn out to be unhappy with the size of the room, there's nothing much you can do about it. 

Bringing friends to your house at PJS 7 is super troublesome as well. You'll need to show your resident pass to pass through the gates every time. They won't allow you to pass through if you don't have your own resident pass. 

The biggest factor that made my daddy not want to rent me a house at PJS 7 is the security. There were many cases of robberies at PJS 7. There were cases where the same house got broke into twice in a month which made the students staying there opt out of that house. The truth is, there will be cases of thefts anywhere you stay. It boils down to whether the probability of thefts happening is high or low. 

DK Senza 
The place where I'm staying! Hahaha 

I got to know from my friend the other day saying that all the rooms at DK are almost sold out and they are gonna increase the rents because of the high demand. TT There are already a few landlords increasing the rents but my super good landlord so far didn't ask us for more money for the rent. 

I loveeee my landlord because she's super niceee hahaha. There was once where she baked a cake and told us she'll be putting it inside the fridge for us so we can eat it after our classes ended. That reallyyyy made my day xD <3 <3 

Okay back to the main topic. The room I'm currently staying is the middle-sized room and my rent is RM900 per month. Excluding electricity bills. After inclusion it's around 1k per month. One year? 12k gone. 

Ofc if DK is so expensive and so bad why do I still stay here? Hahahah

Firstly, the most most most important thing to me is there's gym and swimming pool that you can use for free. FREE! The gym at Taylor's costs you money. Even if you wanna swim at Taylor's, you'll have to pay for the gym too. Do note that the gym gets pretty packed at evening. I always have to go earlier if I wanna use the running mill. You can stare at pretty girls and handsome guys at the swimming pool through the transparent glass while running too. Definitely a plus point ;D  

There's an open kitchen and washing machine too for every unit. 

There are more and more restaurants at DK. The price is similar to the ones on campus. These are just alternatives for you if you're bored of eating the food at campus all the time. There are convenience stores on the Ground Floor as well, 7-11 and My News. There are also laundries on the Ground floor tooooo. 

Again, you'll need a resident pass to access the doors and lifts at DK. You'll only be able to access to the first few levels where you park your car, 7th floor where the gym and swimming pool is, the top most floor to view the scenery and have BBQs and the floor where you stay in. Let's say I'm staying at the 12th floor and I wish to find my friend who's staying at the 22nd floor. I can't access that floor in the lift with my card. So I would say it's rather safe because they made the accessibility to each floor quite strict. 

The best thing? You can have all your friends over at your unit without restriction. Hahahah. You just need to personally go down to the Ground floor yourself and bring them up to where you stay because they can't access the door to the lift as well as the lift itself without a card. 

Of course, be considerate to your house mates and neighbours. Try not to make so much noise and invite them over all the time because some people might not be happy about it. It's nice to always be thoughtful. :)

Okay after all these advertisement-like posts I'll now talk about the things I hate about DK. 

Like the houses at PJS 7, there's no shade. When it gets too sunny or when it's raining, bring your own umbrella. This is a minor thing and it's still acceptable. Let's move on to some serious issues.

I absolutely hate this about Dk -- The lift. Oh my god. That stupid lift. 

It takes 82364 years for the lift to go up and come down. You had to wait for the lift for almost 10 minutes, every single day. You're lucky when there's no people. But you won't always be this lucky. 

You have to cramp into the small tiny lift along with 10,000 students. Even when the lift is full, it wouldn't go to the Ground floor straightaway, it'll still stop at every floor that's being pressed. I once waited for the lift for 12 minutes. When I thought to myself "urghh finally" and the door opens, the lift was full. Yay I had to wait again~ Some of the lifts always break down. I really am fed up with the lift. 

The parking. Whenever my mom drops by DK wanting to just park her car for a while and help me to get my things, the guards will be making noises. They'll want you to park your car on the lower floor or the upper floors. Alright fine. But what's after that? Your car is at the 3rd floor. There's only one freaking machine for you to pay the parking fees at Ground floor. After that, you'll need to wait all over again for the lift to reach Ground floor and get back to 3rd floor. 

Okay, rants over. Basically, the major issue with DK is the lift and the price. If you're okay with both then DK is not a bad choice.


D'Latour 
I'm currently looking into the rooms there myself because I got so fed up with the lift at DK. I think it's slightly more expensive compared to DK. It's a very very new building. You should be able to find their ads on hostelhunting or when you google it. 

Soooo these are the pros and cons of the places where you can stay near Taylor's in detail! Hopefully it's helpful to you. Thanks for reading <3

xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Advertise