Trip to Thailand Day 4 and 5

11/28/2015 09:03:00 PM

This is the 3rd and last post on my trip to Thailand. The reason why I broke it down into several posts instead cramping everything in a single post is so that it won't be that lengthy.

17- 18/11/2015

The breakfast buffet at Baiyoke Sky Hotel was a letdown. There was just too less variety too choose from. There was only one dressing for salad and even that was tasteless. :( But at least the view was nice.

Teehee, my kor kor

We continued our shopping spree after our breakfast. The rows of clothing stalls had me and my mom basking in happiness. My dad weren't as happy though because there weren't many shops which sold men's apparel. My cousin wanted to buy Naraya bags for her colleagues so we went to the shopping mall to shop for the bags. The shopping mall was quite far by walking distance and we were all sweating bullets when we reached there -- only to find that the shopping mall was still closed. We didn't have any choice but to just hang outside the door entrance until they opened the doors.

Right when we were allowed to go into the mall, daddy dropped a question that left us all in a state of panick: Where is my wallet? 

My legs turned jelly in that instant. Daddy searched through his pockets again and confirmed that he left it at the Hotel -- which was a good thing because I initially thought it was the pickpocket's doings or something. But daddy was still concerned because there will room service and he was worried that, sorry to say this, the hotel staffr might steal it. We thought of calling my brother who was in the hotel because he wanted to surf the net but there was no roaming for us. Plus there was no wifi. Daddy then thought of going to the nearby McD to see whether he could connect to the wifi and contact my brother.

Mummy and I stayed at the shopping mall because daddy told us to. My uncle and auntie went to Naraya to buy bags for their daughter's (my cousin's) colleagues. Although mummy didn't show that she was worried, she didn't have the mood for shopping with the situation like that so we just waited at the bench near the entrance hoping that daddy could come back as soon as possible.

Taylor Swift's fragrance was just right in front of my eyes from where we were sitting on the bench and I felt pretty sad because I didn't even have the guts to just try out the fragrance which was what I've always wanted to do. Partly because we were sitting so near to the promoter selling the fragrance and it'll be kinda awkward if I just went to test out the fragrance and get back to my seat again. I think it was just me and me weirdness lol.

After waiting for around an hour and a half, my uncle and auntie suggested that we go back to the hotel thinking that my dad would most probably do that if he couldn't contact my brother. I was worried sick. I tend to think too much all the time and at that time I kept thinking what would happen if daddy wasn't at the hotel and got lost and other bad stuffs. We went up straight to our hotel rooms but both my brother and daddy weren't there so we went down to the lobby again where there was wifi and again, they weren't there. I was panicking like mad inside but I didn't show because I didn't want my mom to worry about me.

Without any other choice left, we decided to just wait at the entrance of the hotel. We were supposed to gather at 12.30pm at the hotel entrance to depart to another place. After waiting for around 15 minutes, the tour guide, who knew what happened, came from inside the hotel and told that he couldn't find my brother and daddy anywhere in the hotel. Once again, I was disappointed.

But just seconds after, both my brother and daddy came out following the tour guide and the tour guide just laughed off. It's embarrassing to say it but I broke down in tears right after I saw them, which left everyone shocked lol. Ughh what was I doing. TT They were actually in the lobby all this while just that they were sitting in the corner and we didn't notice them. I couldn't stop myself from crying for quite a while which I think made my daddy felt guilty and promised that he'll buy whatever I want during the trip. Woots, hahha xD

I had no appetite for the Chinese cuisine for lunch. One, because my eyes were so swollen I could barely lift my eyelids up. Two, the lunch was not nice. After lunch, we headed to erm.. I don't know whether it's called a temple because it wasn't enclosed, but it should be called a temple. The temple was the exact one that was nearly destroyed after the bomb landed a few steps away from the God's statue. The bombardment of the temple made headlines for killing quite a number of tourists.

We then went to a nearby shopping mall, if I'm not mistaken it was the central mall. My mummy bought a few Naraya bags and some other stuffs. We were brought to this small shop that sells honey only after shopping. I regret deeply for drinking 3 cups of the honey they provided. You'll know why later.

After having our dinner, we went to another tourist attraction which sells stuffs, mostly souvenirs and a range of other stuffs. There, again, my mummy went to Naraya wanting to buy their bags again. I felt like vomitting ever since I got down from the van and I rushed to the toilet. I went back and forth the toilet and vomitted no less than 5 times. Whenever I thought of the honey I drank that afternoon, I vomitted even more. I don't really know what happened to me, but it was the something that I think I would be okay again if I just let it all out, and so I did.

While resting at one of the benches I saw this street performer that was super cool and even went up to take a photo with him, despite me feeling like shit that time lol.



Isn't this super cool?!

After we reached the hotel, my mummy and auntie wanted to go to the night market to shop for clothes again. My daddy stopped me from tagging along because I was vomitting again right after I reached the hotel. TT With no wifi in the hotel room itself, I decided to just call it a day at 9pm. 

It was not a very pleasant day for me. 

Day 5~

My mummy woke me up very early to go for shopping again. The schedule for the day in short was in this sequence: shopping, went back to hotel for breakfast, second round of shopping, went back to hotel to check out, last round of shopping. When I went to the lobby to find my brother, I was surprised he was talking to a stranger and he told me the guy was a Japanese. So I mustered my courage to speak a little bit of Japanese with him. It was my first time holding a conversation with a Japanese! I literally broke out into sweat because I was too nervous trying to find the right words to reply him. We went to the airport and flew back to Malaysia in the afternoon. Ohh before we departed to the airport, we had our lunch at McD again (Because a little bit more cholesterol might inspire me to go on a diet which I postponed since a zillion years ago). 


I was surprised to see this burger on the menu:

Hokkaido Salmon Fish burger

The McD at Thailand is actually more expensive than Malaysia, after converting the currency, I don't know why. Of course I wasn't dumb enough to not try this burger.



The double layered Hokkaido Salmon Fish burger. 


Sorry for the blur photo again. You can, again, tell from this photo how eager I was to eat it. 

Review: The first few bites of it was heavenly. But after a few bites you will not find it very nice anymore because this burger has a "richer" texture compared to the normal Fillet o' fish burger. It will be just nice if you take just half of the burger than you may not feel "sick" of the texture. 

This trip to Thailand was okay in general. But I'm still very very thankful that I get to even go there for holidays. Till the next post! ;D

xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Advertise