Trip to Thailand 14/11/2015 Day 1

11/23/2015 07:58:00 AM

As usual, I was supposed to blog way earlier but I got hooked onto playing one of my favourite childhood games - Harvest moon, hence the late post. But I still wanna blog about this trip because :

1) I'll probably forget 95% of the trip a year later like how I forgot my trip to Taiwan back in 2013
2) It's better late than never

With that said, let's get started! (lol)

Taking a stroll down the memory lane, my family and I were supposed to go for a trip to Thailand back when I was standard 4 if I'm not mistaken. It would be me and my brother's first time being on a plane. My daddy actually paid all the fares, including the flight tickets, hotel payment etc but it all went down the drain. Unfortunately, my grandpa passed away that time so we couldn't go. Even if our trip was to be on weeks after my grandpa's passing, I don't think we would even go considering the solemn atmosphere and the fact that we were grieving for quite a long period of time. 

To be honest I wasn't that excited as I was comparing with the Taiwan trip, the main reason is that my last day of SACE exam was on the 11th and 14th was my trip. I used up most of the time before the 14th to let myself drown in the fact that I was finally free and that freedom was no longer a delusion. Heck I almost cried on the way back home from Inti because I was finally able to enjoy my break. I only started packing my stuffs 1 hour before the time we were supposed to depart from home. 

I was told that the van would come to pick us up at 2.45 am. Yes in the freaking wee hours. My brother and I decided not to sleep because we thought we'll be even more tired if we were to sleep. We reached the airport at around 4 am and to my surprise, the airport was actually crowded. Our flight was at 7 and I heard that we had to check in at least 2 hours before boarding, hence the early arrival. We took Malindo airlines if I'm not mistaken. 

My brother and I started to feel hungry after check-in so we decided to have our breakfast / supper (?) at the airport. Bad decision. We had instant spaghetti, instant (?) nasi lemak and bread. Only the bread was nice. The spaghetti and nasi lemak.. if "terrible" isn't a nice way of putting it, maybe "inedible" would be better? Still, we took our long sweet time to eat yet it was only 5.30 am and was still freaking early, even the waiting area wasn't open yet. 

I fell asleep on the sit along the hallway because not sleeping before going to the airport was also a bad decision of mine. Ohh, me and my decision making skills. I missed out the morning view from the plane because I was busy hibernating and being zombie-fied on the plane. 

We reached Dung Muang airport in Bangkok at 8 am and I actually thought the time reversed because since our flight was 2 hours, it was supposed to be 9 considering we departed at 7. Then only I realised there was a one-hour time difference between Thailand and Malaysia. It was 8 am at Thailand but 9 am at Malaysia. 

Our van arrived moments after we touched down due to the heavy traffic. Our transportation throughout those 5 days was a white van. The van driver was one of the most polite driver I had ever encountered. He was always "passionate" to open and close the doors for us and always told each and everyone of us to mind our steps when going up and down the van. However, despite having such nice personalities, he always drove damn fast and were always honking people lol. No one's perfect after all, I guess. 

Our first meal at Thailand was A&W. Ironic I know. We couldn't find anywhere near to have our breakfast before sitting on the van for 3 whole hours travelling to Hua Hin. Rather than the normal burger and waffles served at the Malaysia branches, we tried their so called Thailand specialty meal - the green curry spices gravy with rice and fried chicken. 


The signature curly fries and root beer came as a set. I've got to say it tasted better than it looks like, it was actually quite delicious. The green spices gravy was something unique and it was a shame I never came across this dish at the branches at Malaysia. Do they serve this here? Do enlighten me, I miss the taste of it already.

One super cute thing I find about Thailand is this:

This may be a typical 7-11 convenient store to all Thailandese but to me, holy crap, IT'S RILAKKUMA~! *infinity heart shapes* I said the word "Rilakkuma" so many times even my mummy who had a hard time remembering "Domino" as it is and not "Donimo" and "Doraemon" as it is and not "Doreamon" (It makes a huge difference in terms of pronounciation), knows the exact syllable to rilakkuma. Rilakkuma is bae. <3 

I'm pretty amazed at myself for being able to fall asleep during the 3 hours drive to Hua Hin despite the constant "trampoline jumps" I was having at the back seat of the van dues to the bumpy roads. And I thought the road condition at Malaysia was the worst lol. It was literally like riding a horse. Bad decision number 3: choosing the back-most-seat of the van on a long journey. 

We reached this place called.. sorry, I forgot. It's like a replica of some town, perhaps Venice (?) 
The sun was so glaring to the extent where I had to put on my one-line-asian-eyes face throughout the day. Correction, throughout the five days I was at Thailand, minus the times where I was indoors. 



Yummy lunch! There were many more dishes but I didn't bother taking photos because I was too busy wolfing down the scrumptious meal. The Tomyam at this place was the best out of the 5 days I've been there. Even the other dishes were the best on the first day. I was surprised to see the normal "sweet and sour pork" dish and many other dishes that were similar to what we'll always call at Chinese restaurants back in Malaysia. Cravings for yummy meal: check.


I don't even bother trying to be a Cinderella wannabe that time because it was so. friggin. HOT. I feel like if I just stayed another second I would be all tanned.


 Random nice building that caught my eye while taking the mini train around the place. 


We were actually supposed to sit on the "boat" but we chose not to because again, I wouldn't be able to enjoy one bit with the weather like that.


That bear over there kinda reminds me of the polar bear from We Bare Bears.

The entrance tickets fees were included in the package tour thingy that's why we had to come here. Had we know earlier how shitty this place was (sorry not sorry), we would rather spend that time shopping for clothes at other places. Since the ticket we bought also included the entrance to the 3D art gallery like the one similar to Lukut, we just went for the heck of it.



#photooftheday 

Pose credits to my beloved brother.


Stairways to heaven~~


Fulfilled one of my childhood dreams: unicorn riding. More like unicorn torturing in this photo though, look at its hind legs drowning because of that overweight kid sitting on it.

Overall rating of the art gallery: ... The one at Lukut was WAY better, I swear.

There was also this art gallery with everything upside down. Man, I don't even know whether to call it creative or otherwise. Take a look below.


The decorations was stuck to the ceiling and it was nowhere possible to get near it. Even the aircond was upside down.


Sheeps above my brother. I really don't know the purpose of them decorating this way. I don't even know why they came up with this upside down gallery. 

Upside down living room. Let's try rotating this photo instead. 


Ohh lookie my mummy is upside down. And I guess that's pretty much the purpose. 

Overall rating of this place I've forgotten its name: Out of the scale. Don't take it as a compliment lol.

After leaving the place, we came to this place my tour guide 小强 called it as 怀旧街. It's basically a place with olden styled shop lots selling things that will make you (more to adults) reminisce your childhood, be it candies, food or toys. 




We went to the hotel and rested for a while before going to the night market at 6pm. The hotel we were staying was the City Beach Resort and only then I knew the socket / plug was different at Thailand. The sockets at Thailand were mostly 2-pin plugs whereas ours is 3. We had to take turns charging our phones midnight because we could only get one adapter for our 3-pin plug chargers. 

Future note to self: Do a little bit of research before travelling. 

The night market was near to our hotel which made it convenient for us. One thing that differs the night market at Thailand with the one at Malaysia is that most of the Thailandese speak in a rather soft tone. As in they won't yell or shout like how vendors at the pasar malam at malaysia would do to attract people to their stalls. Most of the Thailandese would greet you with a wide smile while saying "Sawadeekap" to get your attention. Most of them are friendly too. 

We had a very nice porridge and soup for dinner. Plus the pad thai and signature mango rice shown below.


Pad thai. Similar to char kuey teow by the looks of it but the taste is completely different. It was rather nice but my brother and mummy didn't find it to their liking. 

I call tell whether it's nice or not because I didn't try it. I kinda regret it. TT

I've always wanted to try the pork burger at MacDonalds ever since I know its existence a year back when I say my cousin taking a photo of it during their trip to Japan if I'm not mistaken. Eventhough we were actually very full, we still decided to buy the burger because c'mon, it may be a once in a lifetime thing! 

I was over the moon when I saw the pork burger display sign at the McD there. We decided to have the burger back at our hotel rooms. Okay enough babbling, here are the photos.


They gave like A LOT of fries too! Jackpot! 


Mango drinks instead of the normal soft fizzy drinks. A nice change!


Look they have tomoto sauce in packets! And there's Thai wordings! Not in Malaysia! 
#overlyexcitedkid


Behold, the moment we've all been waiting for.


Taadaaaaaaaa. I apologize for the blurry photo. You can know from this how eager I was to try the burger lol.

The burger was not bad. I won't exaggerate and say it's the most delicious burger ever made in the history of burgers, it's nice, but not as great as everyone hail it is. It's on par with the McChicken burger. McDonalds and A&W should actually pay me something for advertising them lol. 

We hit the sack almost immediately after this guilty meal and that was it for Day 1! 

xoxo


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Advertise