Hangout - Palm Mall

7/30/2014 07:09:00 AM

Fell sick after going to Palm Mall. Hence, the late update. TT Still feeling shitty now but I'm much better compared to this morning. It fell like hell when I was at tuition this morning. But the good thing about it is that I don't feel like throwing up. ><

Okay so on 27/7 (Sunday), my friends and I went to Chung Hua High School's annual, err, what do you call it, charity bazaar? >< They planned to go at 9 o'clock but since my mom was mad at me for wanting to go to Seremban with my friends, I didn't know how to tell her I want to go at 9 because I've told her I was going at 8.30 the night before. I was kinda lost when I reached there but I was lucky to bump into Kah Lin. I was equally shocked and relieved when I saw him. Hahhah.

I'll cut to the chase. I was having an inside mental break down thinking whether I should go to Palm Mall or not. Firstly, I really really wanted to go, I mean c'mon, friends hang out, shopping, movie, new mall, shopping. We all planned to go for quite some time now and I'd feel sad if I passed this up.

"Then just go larh!"

BUT, there's my mom and my piano class. I really really felt guilty making my mom sad and missing piano classes when it's already this close to my piano exam and I still totally suck at playing it. My mom's the overprotective type which I couldn't blame her. I know she loves me so and she's just trying to protect me but sometimes it really drives me nuts. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom, but if only she could be a lil less protective over me. ><

In the end, I've chosen not to go. I called my mom to pick me up. Otw back I saw my brother driving my dad's car and I asked mom where was he going but she didn't answer. When we reached home, she told me "Your brother is on his way to Seremban, if you want to go then call him up." I was speechless. What a troller. My mom that is.

I'll tell you, it's zero fun playing tag with bus. While my brother was driving to Seremban, we passed by a bus and I caught a glimpse of Lee Shien and Wei Xin sitting at the sides of the bus. I told my brother to leave me at the next bus station. I got down right before the bus came but the bus didn't stop! So I went back to my brother's car and what made me mad was the bus actually stopped at the next bus stop and there wasn't anyone there. Ehh bus driver, are you blind or what? =/

Anyways, I reached there much earlier than my friends. Once again, I felt lost and didn't know what to do. It's a good thing I went to Palm Mall with my mom before, at least I don't feel totally insecure. I didn't know what to do so I went to the toilet. I felt kinda scared going there alone and there wasn't anyone in the toilet. There was no mirrors too and that arouse my suspicion towards it. Have the authorities not give a damn about putting up mirrors?

I later got to know from my cousin, a day after going to Palm Mall that the new mall was haunted. When the workers there wanted to put up the mirrors, they saw a row of "them" standing behind the workers through the reflection. There was also something going on in the theatre but my cousin doesn't know the story to it. That freaked me out. I thanked my lucky stars that I was lazy to fish out my phone to use my front camera as a mirror for me to apply my lip gloss. As I was the only who is sick after going to the mall, I can't help but relate it to the story. Superstitious kills. TT

Before they reached the mall, I met up with Abby who was coincidentally there with her family. We were chatting on the phone the night before until 2am. Hahah. xD She told me she was at Vincci and I looked it up on the map thingy. I was so glad my sense of directions actually worked for that one time. Hahhah.

A total of 10 of us went to the mall. Me, Vanilla, Yummy, Qin Jie, Xing Hua, Lee Shien, Wei Xin, Eugene, Janson and Jia Hao. The first thing they did when they reached there was buying tickets for TFIOS. I really didn't mind re-watching it. Hahhaa. Abby was lazy to take the bus back home so she went back with her family.

I walked Abby back to her mom and we rushed to have our lunch as the movie was starting in less than 45 minutes or so. I ended up not eating because I wasn't really hungry that time and I wanted to eat Sakae Sushi very badly. xp They had their lunch at Shilin. We were late for the movie but it surprised me because the movie started quite some time when we reached there. Isn't there like a 10 minute commercial session everytime before the movie starts? The theatre was quite empty too. We dominated the second last row. In fact only the last two rows were occupied. o.o Vanilla was sitting on my left and Janson on the right. I can actually memorize what they were gonna say hahah. xD And Janson couldn't stop saying he saw stars and #tfios and #ootd. He definitely stalked my insta profile. =p

I didn't cry for it, just that my eyes were teary. I remember I cried my sockets out after watching it for the first time. xD We went on a little shopping spree after the movie. Like finally! I managed to buy myself a dark blue sweater. Been looking for one for quite some time now and that, of course made me happy. xp It gives off Korean school uniform vibes and maybe that's why I couldn't resist buying it. I actually wanted to buy a purse. I'm currently having a small piano purse and it's inconvenient as it isn't big enough for me to stuff my IC and now, my driving liscence. The purse I set my eyes on at Vincci was still there but so is the price - RM80. Oh darn it. =/

And finally, Sakae Sushi time! <3

Many bloggers blogged about it and as I'm a Japanese food maniac myself I've definitely want to try it out. I don't think there'll ever be a time where my parents ( who doesn't enjoy Japanese food ) will bring me there. TT We waited for quite a few minutes outside. Consider ourselves lucky because it wasn't peak hours. But still, full house.

Qin Jie, Xing Hua, Lee Shien and Wei Xin sat at the other small 4-sitter table while the rest of us sat at the bigger tables with spinning dishes of sushi beside us.

The price list! 

Rotating wheels of food, I mean fortune.

Definitely the perks of sitting at the side tables. It's so convenient!
Ughh time for a new camera -- phone. TT





The above 3 pictures are taken by Mr Eugene Ong. Credits to him! ( photos are still blurry though =p )


Now, this is what I live for. 

 AND THE COOLEST PART OF ALL.
DRUMROLL...
...
..
.

 Yes. This touch screen order thingy. Ohh wow I just realised it's an iPad. o.o
What's so cool about this? You can just tap on the food you want to order and also cancel off the ones you don't want to. Also, when you confirmed your order, there'll be like this cute pair of chopsticks taking away a sushi. And it's cute! <3 xD

Ocha all the wayyyyyy

Eugene's curry katsu jyu (s). I was shocked by the size of it. Yes it was meant to be small but the size of it... It really surprised me. o.o

The lengluis~ I regretted not taking selfies that day. Can you imagine a friend outing w/o selfies?! And I call myself a blogger. Ughh. TT

Hehhe. My dinner. <3
Being my cheapskate self I took a plate of the cheapest sushi there is.

And now, As I've promised in my previous blogpost, I'll give a review of Sakae Sushi as well as a C+C between Sakae Sushi and Sushi Zanmai. 

Now, first off before we even step into the sushi shop, I emphasis on the interior design of a restaurant or a cafe or a shop -- strangely and especially now I call myself a blogger. Sushi Zanmai has the upper hand. The shop has more of a setting of Japanese style to it and it appeals people better by the name of "Japanese restaurant" more than the modern and classic design of Sakae Sushi. 

Secondly, the queue for Sushi Zanmai ( now short form to SZ ) the other day was longer. But I couldn't really compare this because at that time we went SZ was peak hours. On the contrary even though there were only 3 people ( a table ) in front of us when we were lining up for Sakae Sushi ( SS ), we actually waited longer for SS. >< But the service was faster in SS than in SZ as the food came in no time. Well maybe the folks were having a good old time savouring the food.

SS definitely won for the "utilities" they provide. A self-service hot water thingy and the touch screen menu thingy. ( I suck at describing techie stuffs ) This has indeed lessen the irritation of having to call out to waiters who, sometimes, are busy or ignorant. Now, it balanced out with the lack in the design. You would find it strange having an iPad in an old traditional shop. 

I couldn't really compare about the price, because Vanilla's dad paid for my dinner the other dat at SZ. TT But I made sure I didn't order something too expensive. If I'm not mistaken, the food at SZ is slightly cheaper than at SS. 

Now to the 2nd most important thing --  the looks. Foods that looks appetizing will be able to catch your sight and made you wanna keep ordering them non-stop. As for the sushis on the merry-go-round wheel, SZ had more appealing sushis than SS. SZ makes you wanna eat every single dish that pass by whereas it wasn't very much that case for SS. And some food made you got like "What is this?"

Speaking of which.

The "suaku" -- Jia Hao, Eugene and Janson totally made me laughed with their suaku-ness. See, there was this dish with three -- I dunno -- small little tiny version of a pau with various colours. And they were like "Hey should we take it?" And when they finally decided to ( after letting it go round for at least 1564206 times ) they hesitated to eat it. The process of it is just too funny for me to describe. xD And Janson went on with his hashtag hashtag. =p

Okay, down to the most important part of all, the TASTE. 

I'd say, the sushi at SZ it one of a kind. Like how I had described in my previous post, it sends you to heaven right when you eat it. Like holy crap. Like can I marry it? Like that. 

Now the main course. I'd say both are equally good, each with their own taste. However you'd slowly feel you wanna stop eating the "chicken rice" at SZ. Maybe because it's too rich in flavour. You can already taste the whole bowl of it from the first bite, that kind of feeling. So it makes you reject it after a while. But you wouldn't say it wasn't nice. 

But SS doesn't make you feel like that. Never in my wildest dreams ( lol, let me exaggerate a lil here ) that I think I could finish such a big proportion of a meal. But I did finish it and it even made me want more of it. The taste of the first bite wasn't as, how do you put it, as full and rich in texture as in SZ but that is also the unique point of it. 

It's something like Secret Recipe. The first few bites of the cake is heavenly but after a while you tend to reject it. 

Conclusion: My choice?

I can't choose. It's a tie. But I would give a ratio of 55:45 to SZ:SS. I really do miss the feeling of being in food heaven for once. xp

We waited a while for the taxi and bus otw back. Vanilla, Yummy, Qin Jie and I sat Vanilla's car back to PD while the others took the bus. And that pretty much sums up my fun-filled day!

An #ootd to end the post. ( I can imagine Janson saying it )


Denim jacket,white tank top, grey strips skirts, my trusty sling bag and my Nike kicks. Simple and casual. Hope there's one day I can acknowledge myself that I am stylish.

Thanks to everyone who persuaded me to go ( Especially Yummy Leong ) and also planning this hangout. Am looking forward to the next one already! <3

xoxo.



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hii can I ask u something.? From KTM seremban to palm mall seremban have a bus go to palm mall? If taxsi rm15 so Sgt mahal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm so very sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, I'm not sure myself as it's been very long since I last took buses at Seremban. But at that time where I post this, there weren't any so we were forced to take taxis. On a bright note, now that there's GrabCar, the fares should be slightly below RM15. You can also split the bill with your friends too if you carpool. Thank you for reading! :D

    ReplyDelete

Advertise