Last Day of 2018 Already?!

12/31/2018 06:48:00 AM

It really felt like I've just written my last year's blogpost a few months back. Boy oh boy look at how fast time flies. Hahahahah.

I'm back with my yearly mandatory post! I've been meaning and wanting to post up other posts (really) but you know me. This post is an exception because I sort of made it so that this, is the one post I must write annually hahaha.

So it's around 4.40pm now and I'm only starting to write this. My parents and I went to Seremban earlier in the morning to have Yee Poh Lou Shu Fun and went to a travel agency to sorta see what travel packages do they have. For the past year, I found myself wanting to travel so so soooo badly. Or just go somewhere and have a breather. I love love love exploring new places. But I'm quite picky about the places I wanna explore lolol. Places like the beach and the jungle and any place that would expose me under the sun for an extended period of time is a huge turn off for me.

Why not the beach? I'm from PD, and I've never once been to any of the nice beaches here.

Why not the jungle? It's not too bad to be honest, but for now I'm a little scared of jungle trekking. Will be detailing this in a while.

Why not the sun? I'm a vampire.

When I see my friends getting to travel to places around the world through my Insta, I feel myself longing to go to these places too. I've made all sorts of plans to travel abroad or even just a short trip with friends and family throughout the year. Countless, simple plans. None got executed. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement, but every time after I got out of the sad phase I'll kinda reprimand myself for being so demanding and selfish. I'm financially incapable of travelling, I don't know how to drive, yet I demand my family or friends to bring me to places when they might not feel like it. And the cycle kinda just loop itself throughout the year. Very, very bad thing to do. Bad girl.

I did get to go to a one day trip to Malacca with my uni friends for my graduation trip and a few days to Johor to my dad's work place though. Both of which are unplanned hahahaha. Very grateful that at least we got to have a graduation trip 💕

Now, time for a recap! The highlights of the year are:

  • I went to Jay Chou's concert! Yayyyyyyy!! 😍
  • I completed my internship and it was awesomeeeeee ❤️❤️❤️
  • I celebrated my first official Valentine's? 🙈
  • I celebrated my 21st birthday!!! 🎂 Old much?? 
  • I went to jungle trekking and I could've died! 😭
  • I graduated from Uni!!!!! 🎉
  • I bought a PC ?! 😱

I think January till March this year was one of the most memorable, fun and really, just the best time that I had this year. It was during my internship period. I remember how scared I was initially. I had many concerns, like would I be able to cope and handle the tasks well given my lack of skills, would my colleagues be nice to me, would it be too stressful for me, and basically any random thoughts.

On the first day of work, January 2nd, I saw my seniors in the pantry and legit got the shock of my life. "You're interning here toooooo?!" 😂 And then I met more seniors and friends who are interning the same time so that kinda put my mind at ease. Hahahah. I also remember moving my luggage and belongings to the temporary place that I was staying, provided by my company. And again got shocked at how amazing the room was. There was a bathtub!!!!! (Which I ended up not using coz I was afraid of the water bills). I had zhu yok fun with colleagues for lunch and that night, Sam asked whether I'd wanna join for dinner along with Bryan and Wai Kheng. So from then on, I kinda just got close to all the other colleagues (MOMY gang!).

I actually miss those days where I can wake up late, get changed and walk to office and still be early Hahhahahaha. There was KOM which I had tonnes of fun getting close to other colleagues and even performing on stage (nerve wrecking but hella fun). Raved for the first time in heels when I could barely even walk hahaha. Watched The Conjuring in Starling's super huge screen cinema with a few scaredy cat colleagues hahahhha. Went to watch The Greatest Showman and Pitch Perfect 3 with Ed and Nickson the next day which TGS turned out to be my all time favourite movie. Even went for a picnic on the 27th of Jan! Later that day after the picnic session, I went to Jay Chou's concert!!!!!!!!!!

Going to a concert has been my goal. Going to Jay Chou's concert specifically, had always been on my bucket list. And I did it!!! I went with Scarlett and literally all the songs that was performed on that day brought back so much memories. The session where Jay interacted with the fans was super funny too! I was hoping for him to play 七里香 but he didn't.. Until the crowd shouted for encore and HE PERFORMED THE SONG!!! No words could describe how happy I was. I got so emotional like there was even tears in my eyes. So much happiness, so much gratefulness. Everything was just so so perfect. ❤️

It was also during my internship period that McDonald's released the Rilakkuma happy meal toys and needless to say, I went crazy over it 😂 On the 2nd of Feb, I got my hands on one of it. Yes I bought the kid's meal and ate it just for my kuma 😍 My colleagues and I also booked the largest Karaoke room for Wai Kheng's farewell and we had tonnes of fun singing too hehehe. Also lou sang-ed so many times this year with colleagues, friends and family hahahah. Sam's convo was the first convo I attended! I also went to try Lim's Fried Chicken in SS15 for the first time and Bryan's car got clamped 😂 And on the last day of my internship, we stayed overnight in a huge Airbnb house and had pizza and kfc! We also watched Veronica, konon-nya the most horrifying movie ever on Netflix and were so let down 😂 We had dim sum the next morning for breakkie 😍

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank all my colleagues for being so so nice, kind and friendly to me. I wouldn't want to have my internship experience any other way. It was an enjoyment albeit a little bit stressful. But for the most part, I love being together with my colleagues. Genuinely so happy to go to office with them around. ❤️

If I could recall correctly, I focused on developing mainly 2 things throughout my period as an intern. The first project was a Kotlin POC whereby I tried to develop a simple app using Kotlin, and the second app was an AR project that was aimed to sorta give the contestants of the annual Hilti IT competition a look on what could be done using AR. I struggled with both the projects because both technologies are new but thankfully my colleagues got me through everything 😭✨

On a morning a few days before Valentine's, I got a message telling me to go downstairs and saw a guy in a suit with a hand behind his back. He then handed me the flowers he was holding along with Godiva's chocolate, his handmade cookies and fried nga ku coz it was almost CNY 😂💕 I squealed in happiness and excitement because it was my first time receiving flowers (even though I don't quite like them coz they would wither and my heart couldn't stand it) but it was so romantic. 🙈 We went to Mid valley later on and also Botanica and Co for a romantic candlelight dinner 🙈 I honestly was so charmed by everything on that day, the whole experience felt magical and beautiful heheh. Thank you Teddy 💖

It was already Sem 7 after my internship. To be honest, I struggled the most in this semester. The reason being I was doing my part time job and final year project at the same time. I overestimated myself and took on my part time responsibility. It turned out to be too much for me to handle and I got overworked very soon. I can't seem to finish my part time tasks, I could not keep up in classes, I lag behind in discussions regarding my FYP, and I was heavily dependent on my course mates regarding the FYP documentation and my other course work. But above all, having to leave my course mates to handle the whole FYP and even dragging them into my mess breaks my heart. I wasn't there for them when they needed me, they got worried for me. I wasn't playing my part as a teammate and they got overworked because of me too.

I remember having a mental breakdown. While on the phone with Teddy, I broke down. My whole body trembling in fear, the helplessness and the feeling of despair swallowed me. It was all too hard for me. I also remember wiping away my tears and returning to continue my FYP document right after, simply because I had no time to waste.

Glad all those are over 😅

Before all hell breaks in during Sem 7, Teddy and I got to go to a Studio Ghibli themed orchestra and we celebrated each other's birthdays that month. Despite all of us being so occupied with our never ending assignments, Scarlett and the gang took time to throw me a steamboat surprise birthday party which I am sooo so thankful for. ❤️ We also got to go to Fright Night together and we were so so lucky that it didn't rain that day because it was raining continuously for the past few days. Definitely enjoyed the pirate ship, roller coaster, and a few of the haunted attractions with the bunch, especially the jungle trekking kinda attraction where we just sang Country Roads all the time 💕

I think I also got addicted to watching youtube during finals in this semester. I stumbled upon Ryuu TV on youtube and ever since then, I'm hooked to Youtube more than ever 😂 During the boring days where I spent the whole day preparing for finals, I always looked forward to mealtime where I'd let myself watch one or two videos while I eat hahahah. After watching for some time, the idea of becoming a YouTuber somehow sparked. I'm not too sure why myself. Was it because how happy they seem to be, or how nice it is to get to do what you like? I remember almost throwing away my books and binge watch their videos for the whole day.

My final semester to me felt like nothing honestly. This is the semester where everyone was so tired of everything. All of us just want to get it over with. The "last semester syndrome" was very true. We frequented Kar Heong a lot, along with Washoku. I'll remember a white car with a Rilakkuma sticker that parked at the same place where my friend parked his car 😂 The highlights for this sem are: trying out yummy foods from various places, Taylor's symphony orchestra where one performer belted out to The Greatest Showman's "Never Enough", playing PUBG, Ddu du ddu du, deadly jungle trekking, Sunway Lagoon with colleagues, family Johor trip, FYP showcase and finally, graduation trip.

The jungle trekking path that I went was at Bukit Chilling(?) and there were so many times that I wanted to give up. It involved crossing rivers with super strong currents, tricky jungle treks, and there was one in particular, crossing an unfenced wooden trunk across a river with crazy currents below it. Final Destination was looping in my head y'all, not even joking. At the end of the whole course was a beautiful waterfall 💕 Everything would've been perfect, if I didn't fall down and scratched myself so badly 😅 But GOOD JOB shuey, you did the impossible!!!

Again on the weather, I'm so grateful that it wasn't sunny on the day my colleagues and I went to Sunway Lagoon! It was my first time going there and it was sooo much fun being able to go to a theme park, especially a water theme park which I never went before 😍

To be able to develop and showcase our FYP, Smart Mirror Kitchen Assistant gave me so much satisfaction. It was stressful, spending day and night at Scarlett's just developing the system. But we still managed to do it. Even holding the actual report with my own hands made me feel so accomplished. So so proud of ourselves 😭 We had a super duper delicious K-BBQ right after our last paper at One U and kind of just chill since we've finished everything hahahha. I'm glad that most of us got to go to Malacca as our graduation trip because it would be hard for all of us to gather again. I'm also grateful to the gents that rushed to places to buy me something that could soothe my burnt skin 🙈

The thought of me finally graduating from uni didn't strike me at first when we finish our final exams, but I'm slowly feeling the freedom now. Wouldn't it be nice if I could stay this way forever 😂 A few days after my last paper I finally bought my PC, well actually my dad got me the PC hahahah. I was itching to play some Windows game so badly during the sem break before semester 8 but I waited out till I finished everything. Recently I've been playing a lot of Sims 4 and I'm kind of interested in machinimas. Maybe just maybe I could make one and just post it up on Youtube? For the fun of it since why not~ Hahhaha

Now, let's see the goals that I've set for this year from last year.
1) Lose weight, get back to 46~47kg
2) Do my best in everything I do 
3) Give all the money from my first salary to parents/ nice meal 
4) Learn to cook/ bake 
5) Learn to drive
6) Get to know more about properties stuff

Number 1, not checked 😂 But I sorta learnt to accept how I am now. I'm still feeling a little insecure about my thighs and not having a perfect flat stomach, but I would say I've come to accept how I look for the most parts. All thanks to my loved ones for non-stop feeding me 💕 I should be resuming my weekly badminton routine with my colleagues once I start working, so hopefully I won't gain toooo much weight then heheh.

I guess I've always tried to do my best in whatever I do? But I realised that wasn't exactly the case for my last semester. I was so bored and tired, I really just wanted things to pass by so I can enjoy my long awaited break. I did still worked hard, but not as hard as how I would normally push myself to perform? >< But for the most parts I did give my all sooo hahaha

I did mention about giving all my money from my internship pay check to my parents and also my first part time pay check, which on both occasions they rejected saying they'll eventually be giving me back the money anyways 😂 I'll try to treat them to a nice meal when I get my first ever legit pay check hehhe.

Although I haven't started baking, I learnt some new recipes! Hehhe I really do enjoy cooking. I found myself subscribing to a few YouTube cooking channels the past few months hahaha. I've also started to try driving but really I still need a lot a lot of practice. Would need to buckle up considering I have to start to drive to work soon. Well recently my dad has been looking at new projects in KL so I'm slowly learning about properties stuff? There's some progress to it at least 😁

Now, comes the exciting part. With a new year comes with new set of resolutions. Let's see what I should set as my new goals for the year 😂

1) Exercise twice in a week
2) Eat healthy
3) Self-care
4) Save money
5) Travel overseas twice
6) Find a new hobby
7) Find a side job
8) Be happy

Instead of fitting myself to the normal asian beauty stick-body standards, I'll not include numbers this time and instead try to focus on being healthy by exercising, specifically at least twice a week. This can be achieved if I diligently go for the weekly badminton session and maybe also a weekly flying yoga session. I want to explore methods that could alleviate my back pain or fix my posture from getting worse. I can also try practising daily morning and night light workout routines that is only around 7-8 minutes. The key to this is definitely perseverance. We'll see next year hahahha.

Eating healthy would definitely help from deteriorating my health. One of the ways that I could eat healthy without breaking the bank is to cook myself! Which I love hehehe. Hopefully I can have days where I can cook to office instead of eating outside all the time.

Next up is self care. I should really be applying them sunblock everyday before I regret. Heck I'm already regretting now as I see myself getting darker and darker. Self-care also includes me getting enough rest and sleep. I'll also try to apply mask twice a week!

I haven't quite calculate how much of my income should I park under my savings, but I'll look into that and sort it out. Figured if I want to travel so much, I better save up to fund my trips coz they aren't gonna fund themselves. With that said, I should cut down on my online shopping spree. I've been going on berserk with online shopping without me noticing and I really shouldn't be doing that if I want to go Universal Studios Japan or Disneyland soon.

Travel overseas! Not once but twice! Let's see whether I could achieve this or not hehehe. I have no specific place in mind. Maybe Japan or Korea or Europe? These are the places that comes to my mind first but I guess I'm fine with other places too, preferably not the places that I've been before.

Finding a new hobby is actually somewhat an optional thing for me. I put it here because I think I should find a way to kill time or destress myself when things get a little rough at work. It can be something simple like binging Netflix or something productive like editing photos or videos.

A side job is conditional. I definitely wouldn't want to overwork myself again. If ever I'm looking for a side job, it should not put too much stress on me and that I could still manage to perform at work. If I feel my workload at my actual job is already a lot, then I'll forego this side job. But hey, being young and all, why not give something that you want a try? If it works, great, and if it doesn't, it's alright, at least I've learnt something.

Finally, something that I find myself not being able to do genuinely. Be happy. That includes being contented with what I have, being grateful for all the kind words and support that I receive, being nice to the people I love and just, enjoy and be happy! Spending too much time on Insta drove me to admire the lives that other people lead and before I knew it, jealousy and sadness engulfed me. It's great that I don't really use Facebook as much anymore, but I should try to cut down on my time spent on Insta as well. Seeing the people I love being happy would also make me happy. But I should also be happy with them so that they can be happy as well. I'll try to be nice, and tame my own temper. Sorry for everyone that suffered my nasty temper, especially my family and Teddy. T^T

My hope is that my loved ones would be safe, healthy and happy. I can't believe I'll be 22 soon. TOOOO FASTTT! I remember listening and singing to Taylor Swift's 22 when I was in high school, thinking it's still so far fetched till I reach the age. Welp. Hahhahahah

Note to self:
Hwaiting! ❤️

I ran out of new congratulatory phase so I'm gonna recycle my sentences hahahah. Here's to wishing everyone a Happy New Year filled with prosperity, joy, wealth, and good health! My last meal for the year was a delicious one at Lukut's foodcourt together with my family. ❤️ Looking forward to see what I'll be doing next year!

2019, let's go!

xoxo

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Henry here. Glad all that's over for you. :) Hope to bump into you some time soon in the future.. until then, good luck with whatever life throws at you next! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Advertise